Skip to the content
Basic Foot Care Tips
- Don’t ignore persistent foot or ankle pain as it is not normal. If you experience any type of persistent pain in the foot or ankle, please contact us.
- Inspect your feet regularly. Pay attention to changes in colour and temperature. Any growth on the foot is not considered normal.
- Wash your feet often, especially between the toes and dry them completely. Trim toenails straight across but not too short.
- Try not to cut nails in corners or on sides; it can cause ingrown toenails.
- Pick the right shoe and ensure they fit well for each sport or activity that you are engaged in.
- People with diabetes or heart problems should not treat their own feet as they are more prone to infection.
- Avoid being barefooted as you will be prone to injury and infection. Buy new shoes later in the day when feet tend to be at their largest – replace worn out shoes as soon as possible.
- Alternate shoes – don’t wear the same pair of shoes every day.
- Always use sunblock on feet when wearing sandals in the sun.
- Be cautious when using home remedies for foot ailments.
- Self-treatment may turn a minor problem into a major one.
- If in doubt, contact us to schedule a yearly check-up.
Conditions We Treat
Let us help you today.